Revamping weir cylinder Ottensheim power station
The Ottensheim/Wilhering power plant was commissioned in 1974 and regularly maintained and partially refurbished. After about 25 years, the cylinders of the lower weir gate, which enable the opening and closing of the sluice gates, were defective. Dismantling of the cylinders, which were 10 meters long and weighed nine tons, was carried out using a floating crane. In order to quickly restore the locks for shipping traffic on the Danube, a tight schedule was necessary.
Scope of the project
- the replacement of the piston rods (in accordance with the steel hydraulic engineering standard),
- the renewal of the displacement measuring system and
- the cleaning and final quality inspection of the revitalized cylinders.
- Renewal of the anti-corrosion protection and establishment of tightness
Advantages for the customer
- Simplified service possibility due to dismountable displacement transducer in installed condition
- New piston rod according to DIN 19704
- Disassembly, revitalization and assembly from one source
- Completely overhauled cylinders incl. new seals